If you are a retiree or you are thinking about retiring there may be things you want to do. Maybe you want to travel or perhaps you are just looking for a simpler life so that you have more time to have fun. Many retirees make a choice to downsize. If you’re not ready to part with all of your belongings, you can use self storage to downsize successfully.
Using Self Storage to Downsize
Self storage is a great solution when you are looking to downsize without getting rid of everything. Here are some ways you can use different types of self storage to downsize:
- Organize and store seasonal clothes – This means you don’t have to look for homes with huge wardrobes, you can switch your clothes out each season without too much effort.
- Protect Family Heirlooms – Self storage units are a great way to store and protect family heirlooms. Units offer great security, protection from the elements and easy access.
- Store a Library – If you love to read, but your new home just doesn’t have space to hold all of your books, you can organize them in plastic tubs in a self-storage unit.
- When You Travel – If you no longer want to keep a year round home because you are off traveling, or you want to take a year or two and be free of the burden of a home, you can store all of your belongings in self-storage and set out on your adventure.
- Have The Fun You Always Wanted – If you have always dreamed of owning a boat or a vintage car but you think you just don’t have space, self-storage can be a great solution. You can keep a boat, RV, vintage cars and even four-wheelers safely tucked away in self-storage.
As you can see using self storage to downsize can be a great tool to help you keep the things you want and still have the life you want as a retiree.
If you are looking for self storage to downsize, contact the team at Tri-City Self Storage to find the right size storage unit that will be perfect for your downsizing needs.
This article originally appeared on Tri-City Self Storage’s blog.